By Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby
A specialize in Fractions is a groundbreaking attempt to make the maths schooling examine on how scholars improve their figuring out of fraction recommendations effortlessly obtainable and comprehensible to pre- and in-service okay– eight arithmetic educators. utilizing huge annotated samples of scholar paintings, in addition to vignettes attribute of lecture room lecturers’ studies, this ebook equips educators with the information and instruments to reveal students’ considering which will alter their educating and enhance scholar studying of fraction strategies. A specialize in Fractions 2d edition comprises sections at the universal middle country criteria for arithmetic and the Ongoing evaluation venture (OGAP) Fraction Framework built-in into each one bankruptcy as good as a brand new bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression and the way it may be used for formative evaluate reasons. This up to date variation assists academics in translating study findings into their school room perform through conveying special information regarding how scholars improve fraction understandings. extra photographs and examples serve to flesh out and complement the newly-introduced techniques during this up to date and multiplied variation.
- Looking again Questions at the tip of every bankruptcy offer academics the chance to research pupil pondering and examine tutorial recommendations for his or her personal students.
- Instructional Links aid lecturers relate recommendations from the bankruptcy to their very own directions and courses.
- Big Ideas body the chapters and supply a platform for significant exploration of the educating of fractions.
- Answer Key published on-line deals large reasons of in-chapter questions.
- New sections dedicated to the CCSSM and OGAP Fraction Progression are woven through the booklet in addition to a brand new stand by myself bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression.
- The OGAP Fraction Framework is an all-new eResource, now to be had as a unfastened obtain from the book’s site: www.routledge.com/9781138816442.
Read or Download A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) PDF
Similar primary education books
This 3rd variation of starting Drama 4-11 is totally up to date and revised in mild of the renewed Framework for educating Literacy, and gives an creation for early years and first institution lecturers who're new to drama and for scholar lecturers who desire to concentrate on the instructing of drama. It deals step by step suggestions to aid academics and kids develop in self assurance of their use of drama, and indicates in actual fact how drama can give a contribution to paintings in English, and studying around the curriculum, in addition to to the wider cultural lifetime of the college.
This ebook is a booklet to inspire childrens to imagine and say optimistic issues approximately who God says we are.
Maintaining the Writing Spirit: Holistic instruments for college and residential, moment variation is geared toward all educators, in class or domestic, looking non-traditional how you can liven up the expansion capability of the entire learner. Schiller urges educators to simply accept a holistic orientation for studying -- person who combines the actual, social, emotional, and religious, with the mind, instead of essentially basing studying at the mind.
Let’s face it—teaching may be tense. during this new release of universal middle criteria and high-stakes checking out, educators are frequently left with no the time to devise confident behavioral helps or the sanity to domesticate compassionate relationships with their scholars. even supposing they comprehend the severe dating among habit and guide, they’re usually left with a similar hair-pulling query: How am i able to empower—rather than overpower—my scholars, whereas nonetheless protecting a managed lecture room in order that i will train and scholars can research?
- Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy in Early Childhood Education (Contemporary Perspectives in Early Childhood Education)
- English 5-11: A guide for teachers (Primary 5-11 Series)
- When Writers Drive the Workshop
- Becoming Teachers: Texts and Testimonies, 1907-1950 (Woburn Education Series)
Extra info for A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) by Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby